Re: [kde-linux] kppp

For what it's worth, I have another kppp data point
to contribute.

------- Original Message -------
From :
falkengeist@xxxxxxxxxxxx[mailto:falkengeist@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent : 1/3/2010 12:55:58 PM
To : kde-linux@xxxxxxx
Cc :
Subject : RE: Re: [kde-linux] kppp

Regarding this problem, I'm going to respond to a
couple of e-mails
with one reply. No sense adding to the back and
forth if it can be
simplified.

I tried the wvdial suggestion. When I ran wvdialconf
it didn't even
recognize my modem, saying it was busy or didn't
exist. So, kppp
actually got further than this by recognizing and
communicating with
the modem - to a point. Since I've gotten this far
with kppp, and
the fact that the modem works fine with Xandros,
leads me to believe
that a fix would be simple. Or is this wishful
thinking? I did look
at the log available in kppp, and it shows ATZ coming
up, followed by
OK, then ATM0L0, but after that nothing. I like
kppp, I think it's
simple and easy to use, but it obviously has to work.
I have the US
Robotics version of the 3Com Courier, as well as 2,
3Com Couriers
before they were purchased by US Robotics. One of the
best serial
modems ever should be recognized by everyone.

My ISP is a small provider called Surfbest, but I've
never had a
problem with Xandros or Windows using them. PIM in
Xandros also
works fine using them for all of my incoming and
outgoing mail.

Chuck