Re: [kde] Lost System Items

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne Wilson [mailto:cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 5:40 AM
To: kde@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [kde] Lost System Items

On Wednesday 10 February 2010 23:42:46 Wilson, Richard wrote:
All,

After a recent update, which included both the Kernel and KDE, I find
I've lost a couple items in the KDE Menu. When I go to the "Leave"
menu, I have (from top to bottom): "Logout", "Lock", "Switch User" in
the "Session" section, then "Suspend to RAM" and "Suspend to Disk" in
the "System section". I no longer have the "Shutdown" or "Restart",
but I do have empty space where they would have been. Anyone have any
ideas what happened and how I might be able to get them back?

I am running Fedora 11 --
kdebase-4.3.5-3.fc11.i586
kernel-PAE-2.6.30.10-105.2.16.fc11.i686

Thanks in advance.

Updates don't normally affect such things, but well, stuff happens ;-)

Silly question first - you did reboot (logout after major kde package updates, reboot after kernel updates) didn't you?

Assuming that the answer is 'yes', check System Settings > Advanced tab > Session Manager - make sure that 'Offer Shutdown Options' is checked.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group
Anne,

Thank you for your response! I did reboot after the kernel updates and KDE updates. I went in and checked the System Settings just now and confirmed that "Offer Shutdown Options" was checked; I unchecked it, re-checked it and hit "apply". No change -- still missing the "Shutdown" and "Restart". I then tried unchecking the "Offer Shutdown Options", clicked "apply" and exited the Session Manager. Then I went back in, re-checked the "Offer Shutdown Options" and "apply" and rebooted for good measure. Still no change.

Richard Wilson

  • Re: [kde-linux] Starting up KDE hangs with a black desktop and movable mouse cursor.
    ... restarted it but now I get a hang. ... I had KDE 3.5.8 until updating yesterday. ... I saw kdelibs so I decided to restart X. ... Didn't see any updates to KDE at that time. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] KDE apps crash
    ... KDE application i attempt to run crashes instantly including the ... Tho I'm not actually sure how much more bandwidth gentoo would, ... "deep" updates so deep dependencies are updated only when the current ... The issue would be whether the libraries are compatible, ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Mouse click acting strange after Lenny updates
    ... updates, the mouse has started to act a bit strange. ... icon now on Lenny, it opens 2 instances, of for example a terminal. ... the file manager opens. ... I'd created a new user a while back, as I'd had a problem with KDE after ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: New "feature" after recent "yum update"
    ... It started IMMEDIATELY after the recent updates that pulled ... KDE 4.3 in ... There are few things in Linux that require a reboot, but I always do one after ... It continues to wobble for a few moments... ...
    (Fedora)
  • [kde] Mouse problem after updates on Debian Lenny
    ... I hadn't updated my Debian Lenny install for nearly 2 months, ... more than 900 updates waiting. ... Now I don't know if this a KDE problem, or an X window system one, as there ... which worked, but now I'm in Gnome, which I don't use. ...
    (KDE)