Re: [kde-linux] Konqueror: tree view gone?

Hellmut Weber wrote:
Hi,
I'm using KDE-4.3.4 with Sabayon-Linux-5.1 on a lenovo ThinkPad T61.

One of the most important features of konqueror for my productivity was
in KDE-3.5.10 (which I liked a lot) the tree view in the big lower rigth
panel with the information of the files.
the little boxes in front of the directory names gave me the possibility
to navigate very quickly using only the keyboard.

Does this view exist in KDE-4.3.4? I can't find any menu entry in
konqueror to use it.

The two KFM plugins for Konqueror were not ported to KDE-4. Konqueror-4
uses the Dolphin plugin for file management.

Did you try the "Detailed View"? You can navigate it with the cursor
keys (Up, Down, Left, Right) and can jump to files and folders in the
current directory using the first letter of the name. As you move
right, it will open part of the tree to show your path.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch

  • Re: [kde] Trying to control Konq profile
    ... I can get tree views just fine. ... I just fired up Fedora 9, and opened konqueror, and the page you're ... Konqueror in file manager mode accessable from the icon to the ... Click on the System Menu icon and go for the home folder. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Deleting the Selection
    ... Click on the konsole window. ... Click on the konqueror window. ... Navigate to a page with at least one image. ... I don't know if this is a Qt bug or a KDE bug but it is fscking annoying. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: KDE Error: Cannot find parent item media:/ in the tree
    ... Cannot find parent item media:/ in the tree. ... the profile under Settings -> Save view profile 'file management'. ... The error message should be gone next time you start konqueror. ...
    (Fedora)
  • [kde-linux] Deleting the Selection
    ... Click on the konsole window. ... Click on the konqueror window. ... Navigate to a page with at least one image. ... I don't know if this is a Qt bug or a KDE bug but it is fscking annoying. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Explorer-like file manager
    ... > Does anyone have an recommendations for Linux file managers (I'm running ... > can't immediately see a way of doing the tree view / directory view panes ... But this is exactly what Konqueror DOES show. ... And probably in Load Vie Profile, you want to choose File Management. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)