Re: [kde] Newbie total loss of KDE icons and...

On Monday, 2010-06-14, Bernard T. Higonnet wrote:
Hello

FreeBSD 8.00-RELEASE-p3, KDE 4.4 (? not sure see below)

KDE seems to be mostly working (more on that later) but afer working for
a few days, all KDE's icons have disappeared. By that I mean all icons
in the panel and all icons when I click on where the KDE-wheel 'is'.
Sorthcuts previously put in the panel work when clicked but there is no
visible icon...

That's probably a bug in plasma-desktop.
What you can try to do in such a situation is open a shell and type

kquitapp plama-desktop && plasma-desktop

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring

  • Re: [kde-linux] Kget "My Downloads" [Is this MS Windows?]
    ... It is a string literal in the i18n function. ... KDE hasn't reached that number of contributors or popularity yet where it ... working on developer documentation. ... produce a 99% working product as well as producing new nifty features. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Yet another failed KDE release?
    ... ESPECIALLY after promising support "as long as there are users!" ... triggered a drop of a lot of my former kde software choices with the bump ... kmail, but somewhere about the time it lost my 10th mail or so and I was ... Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Kget "My Downloads" [Is this MS Windows?]
    ... It is not necessarily inexperience of the developer in matter of development, ... had on qt4 was already not negligible. ... kde are getting more full-time professional development and support than ... mostly optional modular libraries built around a central core. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Kget "My Downloads" [Is this MS Windows?]
    ... Even if one does do that the answer could be that there is no such API at the ... KDE hasn't reached that number of contributors or popularity yet where it ... working on developer documentation. ... produce a 99% working product as well as producing new nifty features. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] KDE 3.5.6: removed icons for mozilla, firefox etc.. ?
    ... Those icons are not provided by KDE. ... respective applications package. ... Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer ...
    (KDE)