Re: [kde] Newbie total loss of KDE icons and...

On Monday, 2010-06-14, Bernard T. Higonnet wrote:
Hello

FreeBSD 8.00-RELEASE-p3, KDE 4.4 (? not sure see below)

KDE seems to be mostly working (more on that later) but afer working for
a few days, all KDE's icons have disappeared. By that I mean all icons
in the panel and all icons when I click on where the KDE-wheel 'is'.
Sorthcuts previously put in the panel work when clicked but there is no
visible icon...

That's probably a bug in plasma-desktop.
What you can try to do in such a situation is open a shell and type

kquitapp plama-desktop && plasma-desktop

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring