Re: [kde-linux] The MP4 that ate Amarok

On Sunday, 2010-06-27, Ryan Rix wrote:

[snip]

So, judging by this, I'd say that either Qt is to blame, or the class
KPixmapCache, which has been rewritten in KDE 4.5, since, well, it's a mess
:)

My take would be Thread 5, it is in some decoder call (all others are in a
kernel sys call and look ok to me).

Which ultimately means that any player using the same decoder library would
have crashed.
Since the Phonon backend used here seems to be Xine, I suggest playing the
file in Xine and verifying that it crashes as well.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring

  • Re: [kde-linux] Kget "My Downloads" [Is this MS Windows?]
    ... It is a string literal in the i18n function. ... KDE hasn't reached that number of contributors or popularity yet where it ... working on developer documentation. ... produce a 99% working product as well as producing new nifty features. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Yet another failed KDE release?
    ... ESPECIALLY after promising support "as long as there are users!" ... triggered a drop of a lot of my former kde software choices with the bump ... kmail, but somewhere about the time it lost my 10th mail or so and I was ... Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Kget "My Downloads" [Is this MS Windows?]
    ... It is not necessarily inexperience of the developer in matter of development, ... had on qt4 was already not negligible. ... kde are getting more full-time professional development and support than ... mostly optional modular libraries built around a central core. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] The MP4 that ate Amarok
    ... KPixmapCache, which has been rewritten in KDE 4.5, since, well, it's a ... Since the Phonon backend used here seems to be Xine, ... file in Xine and verifying that it crashes as well. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Kget "My Downloads" [Is this MS Windows?]
    ... Even if one does do that the answer could be that there is no such API at the ... KDE hasn't reached that number of contributors or popularity yet where it ... working on developer documentation. ... produce a 99% working product as well as producing new nifty features. ...
    (KDE)