[kde] KMail - I can't select those contacts in my addressbook

Hi,

I just upgraded to KDE 4.4.3, got rid of all my settings, and reconfigured
everything. Now I have a problem.

In KAddressbook I created a new (classical KDE) addressbook. I imported all
the vcard files in my .local/share/contacts. In the KAddressbook I can see
contacts there.

However, in KMail, when I want to mail to someone in the contact list, I found
that I could not choose anyone. It had a "Default Addressbook", however no
one was there. I couldn't connect my addressbook with KMail. Any idea and
hint?

BTW, in the KDE addressbook, there is no category field, which I relied to
filter who I wanted to mail to. Now what field is in place of the category
field?

Thanks,
Franklin

  • kde 4.7 (nearly) without akonadi
    ... Since kde 4.x kmail, knode, and mostly kaddressbook are quite unstable and not really useful. ... I could migrate my old kde3 addressbook, but after a while akonadi forgot about it, and also changes made to it by testing where lost. ...
    (comp.windows.x.kde)
  • Re: [kde] kmail does not find any kaddressbook entries
    ... kmail is use Address book: ... find how the "Default Address Book" relates to kaddressbook. ... KDE Community Working Group ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Kaddressbook
    ... The KDE PIM apps did not release with KDE SC 4.5.0 while they ... Is the a factory version of kaddressbook I can test? ... serious regressions in kmail than kaddressbook 4.4.5 does vs 4.3 - ... on both lists i spose the lack of kmail to pick up the addressbook ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Kaddressbook
    ... installed but kaddressbook is still at 4.4.5, ... The KDE PIM apps did not release with KDE SC 4.5.0 while they complete the ... suitable for production data yet. ... i spose the lack of kmail to pick up the addressbook data for email addresses ...
    (SuSE)
  • [kde] kmail does not find any kaddressbook entries
    ... I have exported my Contacts from Thunderbird in LDIF format ... kmail is use Address book: ... find how the "Default Address Book" relates to kaddressbook. ... This message is from the kde mailing list. ...
    (KDE)