Re: [kde] System tray icons

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@xxxxxxx> wrote:
James Colby posted on Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:57:15 -0400 as excerpted:

I am running KDE 4.5.0 compiled locally using the kdesrc-build scripts,
and I am having a problem with the system tray applet.  When I quit a
KDE application the system tray icon for that application does not get
removed from the system tray.  This happens with amarok, kmix,
kwalletmanager.  It is only happening with KDE apps though.  If I have a
GTK app that uses the system tray, and I exit the app it's icon is also
removed.  Any ideas as to what may be causing this?

Are you sure you are quitting the app, or are you simply hitting the
window-manager's close button, so the app minimizes to the tray, with the
settings set so it remains shown there?

I have tried quitting the applications three different ways, all with
the same results. 1) By clicking on the window manager 'X', 2) By
choosing File -> Quit from within the application, 3) By right
clicking on the system tray icon and choosing quit. All methods leave
the same phantom icon in the system tray.

Is it possible that there is some external library that needs to be
updated along with 4.5? If that is true would cmake let me know that
I'm missing a dependency?

Thanks for the reply,
James

  • Create a System Tray Program
    ... I want the system tray icon part of the program to look ... after the network chatting between the different computers. ... user to be able to close the main program window but have the system tray ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ui)
  • Re: Copy system tray icon to shortcut?
    ... the newly started app and activate the existing one ... ... By doing this the net effect is app A1 appears to restore itself. ... be restored to foreground by clicking its icon in the system tray (in 98SE ... I need to be able to do exactly whatever the program's system tray icon is ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.winapi)
  • Re: Creating a Service with Systray icon
    ... Optionally my setup program could add the config tool to the users Startup ... And there must be a way to detect that the shell is ... |>> I want to implement a system tray icon when someone logs on to the ... |>> How can I create a system tray icon when the shell is active? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Suggestions & Bugs
    ... Adding a system tray icon is against the Windows Shell design guidelines and ... there's a variety of ways to add system tray applications ... that can talk to the player and give this general functionality to the ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Cant See Active Sync
    ... but the AS application window can't be seen. ... you double-click on the system tray icon, it seems like the application is ... I am having an issue with Active Sync. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)