Re: [kde] System tray icons

Is the "phantom" icon still responsive to context-clicks and does it still
display a tooltip (assuming you don't have that turned off) if hovered
over?

Yes to both.

What happens if you toggle desktop effects off?  Does the icon disappear?
(There's a default keyboard shortcut for toggling it, tho I've changed
mine.  The default is... looking it up... alt-shift-f12 .)

Nothing changes with the system tray icons when I toggle the desktop effects

What happens if you try killing plasma-desktop (from krunner or a konsole
window, traditional SIGTERM method: killall plasma-desktop, kde/dbus
method: kquitapp plasma-desktop), then restarting it?  Is the icon still
there, or now gone?

This is strange, restarting plasma-desktop does remove the icon but it
leaves a blank space in the system tray where the icon was located.
Which makes for a really awful looking system tray.

I'm wondering if it's simply an OpenGL or similar display glitch, tho
given the different hardware and drivers you've tried, I don't really see
how it could affect all of them.  None-the-less...

Also, do try playing with the systray config options for that icon.  When
it's still shown, does setting the systray option to hide that icon hide
it, or...?

The systray config options treat the "phantom" icons as expected. It
will hide the icon when asked, and it is show when 'show hidden icons'

And finally, does ps/top/ksysguard/system-activity (the last being
available from the icon in krunner) still show the app after you've "quit"
it, or does it disappear from process list at that point?

Once I have quit the application, the process does disappear from the
process list.

--
Duncan - List replies preferred.   No HTML msgs.
and if you use the program, he is your master."  Richard Stallman

  • Re: [kde] System tray icons
    ... Is the "phantom" icon still responsive to context-clicks and does it still ... What happens if you try killing plasma-desktop (from krunner or a konsole ... I'm wondering if it's simply an OpenGL or similar display glitch, ... The systray config options treat the "phantom" icons as expected. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Name change
    ... windows - you just don't have the room for anything else if you ask me. ... You can do a lot with an 80x25 character display. ... icon for each window (either globally or on just the current virtual ... I'd say it's the CPU itself (or one ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: Capture the Computer Desktop
    ... it should capture the entire display and save it if it is called correctly ... icon you are using. ... Private Const BITSPIXEL = 12 ... Obviously that address is really a dummy, but basically I'll drink almost ...
  • Re: Name change
    ... You can do a lot with an 80x25 character display. ... icon for each window (either globally or on just the current virtual ... Umm, ish, okay, so I do have a temperature displayed. ... I'd say it's the CPU itself (or one ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: Need ability to have data dependent icons on continuous forms...
    ... records that describe a horse, ... I have found that I can display the appropriate pictures using a Bound ... AnimalID int ... Elephant <elephant icon> ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)