[kde] dolphin: How to prevent from spawning kio_thumbnail prpocesses?
- From: Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 19:39:58 +0200
IMHO its a very bad habbit of dolphin to create previews of all video-files it
can find. Insert a cdrom with some avi-file, copy it to hdd and wait how some
kio_thumbnail eats up nearly all your memory and keeps the cdrom drive locked
although the copy process is already done.
The settings dialog of dolphin has preview for videos turned off, and I can't
find any other suitable dialog box to turn this off.
For now, the only way to eject my cdrom drive is to kill the proper
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
- Prev by Date: Re: [kde] KDE4 desktop or panel shortcuts
- Next by Date: Re: [kde] KDE4 desktop or panel shortcuts
- Previous by thread: [kde] KDE4 desktop or panel shortcuts
- Next by thread: [kde-linux] KDE 4.5.1 caps-lock help needed please.