[kde] Re: How to get rid of sleep/hibernate?
- From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 00:06:15 +0000 (UTC)
Manuel Reimer posted on Tue, 21 Dec 2010 21:22:18 +0100 as excerpted:
steps to get rid of sleep/hibernate are:
1. Uninstall pm-utils. You won't need them if you don't plan to use
sleep/hibernate. This makes sure that a possible update of this
package doesn't overwrite our "pm-is-supported"-replacement.
2. Run the following command to symlink between /bin/false and
# ln -s /bin/false /usr/bin/pm-is-supported
Thank you. Very interesting and potentially useful info.
Do note however that hal is deprecated and kde is moving off of it, IIRC
with kde 4.6. It's thus reasonably likely that you'll need to modify your
workaround somewhat when you upgrade to that. However, it should be
easier to figure out what they've changed, having done it once already,
and it's possible your workaround will continue to work, as-is.
Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs.
"Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
- Prev by Date: [kde] Re: How to get rid of sleep/hibernate?
- Next by Date: [kde-linux] Re: KDE on high resolution monitor
- Previous by thread: [kde] Re: How to get rid of sleep/hibernate?
- Next by thread: [kde] Dolphin service menu help: preserve file timestamp