[kde-linux] Konqueror 4.6.2 and "Connection to Server Closed Unexpectedly"

Since upgrading to 4.6.2 I'm getting pretty regular

The requested operation could not be completed

Connection to Server Closed Unexpectedly

messages, from Google, eBay, our national weather service - all reliable
sites. Sometimes a refresh gets the page properly. Embedded images aren't
always loading, CSS stylesheets aren't being applied - and this is only
within the first 6 hours of using the upgraded package.

None of this is happening in SeaMonkey, Chrome or Firefox.

This is one of a numebr of regressions in Konqueror since KDE 3 - do they
suggest that Konqueror is becoming obsolete and is being phased out?