[kde-linux] Konqueror 4.6.2 and "Connection to Server Closed Unexpectedly"

Since upgrading to 4.6.2 I'm getting pretty regular

The requested operation could not be completed

Connection to Server Closed Unexpectedly

messages, from Google, eBay, our national weather service - all reliable
sites. Sometimes a refresh gets the page properly. Embedded images aren't
always loading, CSS stylesheets aren't being applied - and this is only
within the first 6 hours of using the upgraded package.

None of this is happening in SeaMonkey, Chrome or Firefox.

This is one of a numebr of regressions in Konqueror since KDE 3 - do they
suggest that Konqueror is becoming obsolete and is being phased out?

  • Re: Dim 2350 Graphics Card
    ... that processor on ebay is an auction, not a buy-it-now item. ... upgrading this system and keeping it for a while longer. ... new video card. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Wholesale Tool table saw opinions.
    ... Don't buy a substandard contractor's ... The main advantages of upgrading from a direct drive to a contractor's ... accuracy/good fence, and the darn thing might break down on you... ... You can actually get decent deals on ebay ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Borland License Transfer Question
    ... I recently bought a copy of Delphi 7 Architect on ebay. ... upgrading, but changing to a completely different programming environment. ... I didn't ever try to register it, but ended up changing my mind about the ...
    (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)
  • Re: PS Elements 5
    ... I was a bit dubious about Ebay software. ... Regarding upgrading I just thought there may be just so much difference in ... a photoshop oem via ebay. ... Also what does OEM version mean, I notice this programme for sale on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: Which Graphics Adapter for Ultra 10?
    ... > the office I left it upgrading to s10_b48. ... Okay. ... So, before I start bidding on eBay, it appears to me that ...
    (comp.sys.sun.hardware)