[kde-linux] Re: Printing in 4.6.3

On 2011/05/05 15:51 (GMT-0700) James Tyrer composed:

I have now upgraded to KDE-4.6.3 and I find that I still can not print
correctly from Konqueror.

Is there any hope that this will ever work?

Are other people able to print, or do the developers simply ignore the
fact that printing does not work correctly?

My experience with printing from web browsers is that all except IE are
dismal, though my experience printing with a Mac is extremely limited. For
each acceptable printed page I typically waste between 10 & 20 sheets trying,
unless I use IE (or a DTP or office suite application). It's awful, and a
very good thing I don't often need to print with a browser.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/

  • Re: CUPS printer drivers -
    ... print from web browsers, if I set things up that way. ... Though, when set up via the Gnome tool, all was well. ... from KDE, and probably Gnome, available to the Cups Admin ... each printing a group of different pages. ...
    (Fedora)
  • [kde-linux] Re: Printing in 4.6.3
    ... My experience with printing from web browsers is that all except IE are ... printer, it's going to be a laser printer, so it won't dry up here in the ... "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- ...
    (KDE)
  • [kde-linux] Re: Printing in 4.6.3
    ... Felix Miata wrote: ... correctly from Konqueror. ... My experience with printing from web browsers is that all except IE are ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Example of English Usage; Never mind the politics. Part II.
    ... like editors and web browsers that have the function of "printing" ... the current display content into a file... ... If you're going to put scare quotes around "printing", ... ....the reason why so many professional artists drink a lot is not ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Re: Printing aspx pages in Iceweasel gets truncated?