[kde] Can I build the latest version of KDE on Redhat 6?

Is it possible to build the latest version of KDE on Redhat 6, using the
KDE sources? I started to do so, and then saw it needed the latest
version of QT, so I would have to build that also. Thanks. - Mark

  • Re: What your GNU/Linux looks like? Suggestion for developers...
    ... From these the best choise isRedHat 9. ... I have used KDE, CDE, Gnome, OSX, Blackbox, Fluxbox, PekWM and couple ... But I won't touch SuSe. ... couldn't install RPM like typing rpm -ivh or rpm -Uvh to console. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Moving from RedHat/KDE to Debian/KDE
    ... On, James Sinnamon wrote: ... > and roughly the same functionality, to begin with, as I had with RedHat. ... > My Debian system only achieves 800x600, ... > This feature is inexplicably missing in Debian KDE, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: What distros *dont* use systemd ?
    ... It is no secret within the community that RedHat hates KDE. ... developers, leading RedHat to be named HatRed by some. ... KDE apps on a KDE DE and Gnome apps on Gnome. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • RH 10
    ... Does RedHat think they're the next M$? ... I put IceWM in place of KDE, and it runs like a champ. ... one of my arguments is that you don't *have* to upgrade your hardware ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Wierd secure logs
    ... I wrote to the people at KDE. ... have the *OPTION* of using sgi_fam. ... Redhat built their distro ... I'm an X Window user, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)