Re: [kde-linux] order of System Tray icons

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 12/15/2011 07:58 AM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

What determines the order of icons in the System Tray?

Howdy,

From what I've observed, it's when the process places itself in the tray.

Perhaps if you ran a script which serially started the System Tray
items, you'd get a consistent placement.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph: 819.459.1926 Fax: 760.860.5225 (US)

  • Re: Disabling text balloons from system tray, and enabling them la
    ... Running the script the second time will undo the changes. ... To use the VBS Files: Download .vbs file and save it to your hard drive ... pop ups from the system tray. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Intercepting X11 events
    ... I have an annoying window that disappears when I click close but it is unable to cooperate with the system tray so it simply becomes "invisible", and hangs about in the background. ... In my investigationings I had a brainwave that since I cannot change the program in the short term, maybe I can find a way to terminate the program and manage it externally with a script. ... it took me that long to figure out the Java systray problem and the lack of a solution in my googling. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: To minimize the java window tosystem tray
    ... minimize the java frame to system tray so that the client can't notice ... Or i want that it even can't be at system tray,it should be hidden ... the script in the appropriate rc file directory. ... to register your program as a Windows Service. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: To minimize the java window tosystem tray
    ... Or i want that it even can't be at system tray,it should be hidden ... put the script in the appropriate rc file directory. ... need to register your program as a Windows Service. ... I can't think of any legitimate reason to do this. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: To minimize the java window tosystem tray
    ... minimize the java frame to system tray so that the client can't notice ... Or i want that it even can't be at system tray,it should be hidden ... you just need to write a script or two to start and stop your program, and put the script in the appropriate rc file directory. ... For Windows, you'll need to register your program as a Windows Service. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)