Re: [kde-linux] 'Fetch Error' on exit

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

sorry for not responding :(

I was away on a business trip and forgot that this thread was still
unconcluded.

The problem seems to be that the Akonadi server configuration says that it
should be using a MySQL instance for its database needs.

Since you want SQLite instead you'll have to modify that. I am not sure if
Gentoo has patched the sources to make that the defaut in case the config is
missing or whether you have to change the driver key manually.

In case of the latter, open ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc and look for the
section labelle [%General]

In it should be an entry like this:
Driver=QMYSQL

Change that to

Driver=QSQLITE3

Cheers,
Kevin

Thanks Kevin, and to you too Duncan. This fix worked fine. Problem all gone.

I did get a couple of new error messages the first time I logged into
KDE after making the change, but those seemed to be more about the
change and KDE getting aligned with using sqlite. After I logged in 2
or 3 times they stopped and everything seems fine now.

I appreciate all your help.

Cheers,
Mark

  • Re: FC1 -> FC2 Update: DISASTER!!!
    ... I think so far the problem I had experienced with GNOME and KDE ... There were *many* error messages that popped up and all to the ... A respondee to this thread pointed out that it was "understood" ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [SLE] No more XD2 ..(.now I have X and KDE but cant login to Gnome)
    ... I got the gdm at runlevel 5 but when I chose gnome as the ... You'll need to run k3b setup first, if its the first time you used it. ... make sure you have no kde 3.1.1 rpms left. ... looking for the ximian rpms, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Console ps2 mouse behavior control (was : Re: test)
    ... Everythings were almost nice the first time (with learning, reading, ... It was a bad idea because the next time I started freebsd my rc.conf ... ps2 mouse and it worked fine inside kde and even in console mode. ... like to get a correct mouse behavior from sysinstall test mouse dialog. ...
    (freebsd-newbies)
  • Re: Console ps2 mouse behavior control (was : Re: test)
    ... > Everythings were almost nice the first time (with learning, reading, ... > It was a bad idea because the next time I started freebsd my rc.conf ... > ps2 mouse and it worked fine inside kde and even in console mode. ...
    (freebsd-newbies)
  • Re: Console ps2 mouse behavior control (was : Re: test)
    ... > Everythings were almost nice the first time (with learning, reading, ... > It was a bad idea because the next time I started freebsd my rc.conf ... > ps2 mouse and it worked fine inside kde and even in console mode. ...
    (freebsd-questions)