Re: [kde] using remote URL instead of cache

On Thursday, 2012-03-08, Daniel Barna wrote:
Hi,

I have created a wrapper script around an application so that it can
handle remote files, and also directly save to the remote location (i.e.
immediately upload to the remote location when it saves the file)
The .desktop file contains this line:
Exec=my-application %U
indicating that this application can handle remote URLs. Nevertheless,
when I open a remote file in dolphin with my application, the remote
file is first downloaded to /var/tmp/kdecache-barna/... and this local
file is given to my application, instead of the original remote URL. Can
I change this behaviour somehow?

Hmm, you are right that %U should have the desired effect.
Can you try %u as well, i.e. indicating support for one URL?

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring

  • Re: Please Help
    ... or a well-paid in-house developer with no incentive to rip ... In response to various other posts I reached out to my client today to ... MV as an applications developer for several years. ... for $130-150K a year in remote work I'd learn any industry ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: Web-based remoting...
    ... (developer). ... I'm trying to force myself to use SuSE as though it is the ... Linux capabilities as far as being able to allow a remote user to (via ... the virus in order to sell virus software. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • change user Membership script
    ... I have a Windows 2003 in a workgroup environment. ... belongs to two built-in security groups Users and Remote Desktop Users. ... Once in a wile I need to give my Developer user admin rights on the machine ... The script I listed below, does the job, if executed on the server, what I ...