Re: [kde] k3b???

On Tuesday, April 03, 2012 04:22:29 PM Anne Wilson did opine:

On 03/04/12 10:36, gene heskett wrote:
It did work, it burnt the bios update as requested. And its
10,000% easier to type k3b in a user terminal than it is to wade
through the menu's and find it, under archivers of all places.

You seem to have missed out on a very useful tool - instead of wading
through a menu, hit alt+F2 to bring up krunner, then type in "k3b" - I
rarely touch menus these days.

Anne

Perhaps Anne, but when I already have a dozen or more terminals open its a
lot easier. Besides, terminal screens were invented decades before PARC
invented the mouse plus its a long reach to hit alt+F2 for these short
fingered hands. What happens if I have a cup of coffee in the other hand &
no quick and dirty place to park it while I use both hands to span that
distance?

Yeah, I'm a Senior Citizen, now where is the discount? ;-)

Did you block my diatribe about the busted bugzilla? I don't appreciate
that a bit, how is it ever going to get fixed if no one sees the bitching?

People ARE going to jump ship for a better ISP from time to time and we
need a method to facilitate the cleanups that will still work AFTER any
email forwarding grace period has expired, and which are currently blocking
my use of it. I can't open a new account because I'm already known, and I
can't use the old account because my email addy has changed. Ergo, to me
its busted, fix it! By deleting any and all references to me from the
/etc/passwd file on the bz server, or where ever the heck bz keeps that
stuff. Then I might be able to open a new account and file bug reports.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
The computer is to the information industry roughly what the
central power station is to the electrical industry.
-- Peter Drucker

  • [kde] Re: Konsole: split view show the same screen twice
    ... On Thursday 16 Jun 2011 12:01:39 Anne Wilson wrote: ... windows in split view. ... active at the time - so yes, you can have two separate terminals, but ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: OSR5: how to find out disabled terminals by authorization subsystem?
    ... address *inside* the TCP startup script to ... terminals and files. ... disabled here and there ("Account is disabled -- see Account ... I found they had no root password set and they wanted it that way ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • various questions re setting up a small network for a media centre.
    ... we have a fast 1.4 GHz machine running mandrake as an x-terminal server, ... three old pentiums set up as x terminals, and a variety of other old ... machines plus another decent 1GHz machine which I'm considering donating ... Is there any simple way of providing just one guest account to log ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • OSR5: how to find out disabled terminals by authorization subsystem?
    ... After manually defaulting to the Korn Shell, changing the "intr" code to CTRL-C, going through the install with a broken "Spanish" keyboard map, setting TIMEOUT=20 in /etc/default/boot so the machine starts directly into multi-user mode *and* doesn't stall forever asking the time, configuring a default terminal type so it again stops asking forever, touching ~/.hushlogin to get rid of a full screen worth of copyright notices, manually configuring a sane and informative shell prompt, making root's $HOME something other than "/", and setting the IP address *inside* the TCP startup script to configure in a file to be sourced by said script, incredible!), I can say it is a nice and stable UNIX, although the userland smells a little of old... ... At first, it was a shock with my test users being disabled here and there ("Account is disabled -- see Account Administrator"), and the terminal channels being disabled too. ... About the terminals locking issue, I have found the "ttylock" and "ttyunlock" system commands, which work great. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: OSR5: how to find out disabled terminals by authorization subsystem?
    ... After manually defaulting to the Korn Shell, ... address *inside* the TCP startup script to ... terminals and files. ... disabled here and there ("Account is disabled -- see Account ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)