[kde] How to setup a wacom tablet and/or a touchscreen in a two monitors configuration?
- From: "Marcelo Magno T. Sales" <mmtsales@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 20:51:41 -0300
I don't know if this problem can be solved within KDE or if it must be solved
somewhere in xorg configuration. If anyone can give me directions on what
exactly should I look for, I will be grateful.
I use two monitors with 1920x1080 resolution, one above the other, and the
desktop is extended across them. My desktop, therefore, has a 1920x2160
The lower monitor has a touchscreen and the upper monitor has not. However,
right now I'm not able to use the touchscreen properly because X interprets
the touches as if the touchscreen area was over both monitors. For example, if
I touch the middle of the lower monitor (which should be around coordinate
[960,1620]), X thinks I've clicked the middle of the entire desktop (around
coordinate [960,1080], i.e., the mouse cursor goes to the top of the lower
monitor / bottom of the upper monitor). If I touch the top of the lower
monitor, the top of the desktop is clicked insted (i.e., the top of the upper
How can I configure KDE or X so they know that the touchscreen covers only the
Similar problem occurs with a wacom digitizing tablet. I would like the tablet
area would correspond to just one of the monitors, not the entire desktop. How
can I setup this?
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
- Prev by Date: Re: [kde] How to setup dual monitor in kde?
- Next by Date: Re: [kde] How to setup a wacom tablet and/or a touchscreen in a two monitors configuration?
- Previous by thread: [kde-linux] KDE IRC client?
- Next by thread: Re: [kde] How to setup a wacom tablet and/or a touchscreen in a two monitors configuration?