[kde] KDE lost of settings: "State" field corrupted in all rc files
- From: "Maxime. Haselbauer" <maxime.haselbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 11:16:43 +0100
Hi, Kubuntu 12.04 Kde 4.8.4 32 bit
Interesting thing this morning:
I power up my compute and almost every programm open as if KDE would be
freshly installed and it would be the first time I open the programm.
Needless to say, there was no update yesterday and ervything worked fine
when I shut down the computer yesterday evening
Very annoying because it means all your personal settings are lost....
in a short list
Background color of kde
The podcast list
All id3 tags you have modified within amarok
Amarok internal database playlist
Amarok .xspf saved playlist
Kdevelop settinggs ....
All Akregator podcasts (although, there IS a feeds.opml file in
~/.kde/share/apps/akregator .... which DOES contain all RSS url I had ...)
Kmail settings (all your accounts)
So, it looks like it is not reading all rc configuration files (those
stored in ~/.kde/share/config) because all information it lacks are usually
given in those files
Hence I open a couple of rc files and I find an interesting thing:
In each of them, under the [Mainwindow] section there ist something like
spare you the rest, this continue like that for long
I guess this is not the true state... but a corrupted field. Interesting is
that it looks corrupted for all rc files I have open so far, even those of
programm that I did not open for a while now.
Anyone know something about where it comes from and how to solve it ?
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
- Prev by Date: Re: [kde] KDE session hanging issues on Fedora 17
- Next by Date: Re: [kde] KDE lost of settings: "State" field corrupted in all rc files
- Previous by thread: [kde] KDE session hanging issues on Fedora 17
- Next by thread: Re: [kde] KDE lost of settings: "State" field corrupted in all rc files