Unable to suspend (S4) with the latest 2.5/2.6 kernels

From: Kalle Kivimaa (killer_at_iki.fi)
Date: 07/21/03

    To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
    Date:	Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:05:39 +0300

    Somewhere along the 2.5.7x series I lost the ability to swsuspend my
    Compaq Evo N1020v laptop. From the logs and the headers it seems that
    the suspend code requires pse feature on the machine. The
    /proc/cpuinfo reports that my machine has psu36 support but not psu
    and the code in include/asm-i386/suspend.h only tests for psu support.
    Is this a bug or a feature? I was able to suspend and resume about 90%
    of the time with the 2.5.69 kernel.

    I even tried to change the cpufeatures.h in 2.5.75 so that it would
    test for the presense of psu36 support but that crashed the kernel
    right at the startup...

    Please CC me on the replies as I'm not on the list (I do read it
    through the archives so I will see your responses even if you forget
    to).

    --
    *              Dean's Rule #45. The truth hurts for a moment.             *
    *                       A lie hurts for a long time.                      *