Re: Equivalent of 'insmod -m' on 2.6?

From: Rusty Russell (rusty_at_rustcorp.com.au)
Date: 09/10/03

    To: Ravi Krishnamurthy <kravi26@yahoo.com>
    Date:	Thu, 11 Sep 2003 07:03:27 +1000

    In message <20030910180507.53891.qmail@web12301.mail.yahoo.com> you write:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to debug a module on 2.6.0-test3 with
    > module-init-tools-0.9.12. But I am not able to get
    > the load map of the module being loaded. 'insmod'
    > in module-init-tools does not support the '-m' option.

    Hi Ravi!

            CONFIG_KALLSYMS is probably what you want here, along with
    /proc/kallsyms. You can, also generate the equivalent of insmod -m
    from the output of /proc/modules and the symbol table in the module.

    BTW, I'd generally recommend modprobe over insmod: as you will have
    noticed, the new insmod is designed to be a really low-level tool.

    Hope this helps,
    Rusty.

    -