Re: Equivalent of 'insmod -m' on 2.6?

From: Rusty Russell (rusty_at_rustcorp.com.au)
Date: 09/10/03

    To: Ravi Krishnamurthy <kravi26@yahoo.com>
    Date:	Thu, 11 Sep 2003 07:03:27 +1000

    In message <20030910180507.53891.qmail@web12301.mail.yahoo.com> you write:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to debug a module on 2.6.0-test3 with
    > module-init-tools-0.9.12. But I am not able to get
    > the load map of the module being loaded. 'insmod'
    > in module-init-tools does not support the '-m' option.

    Hi Ravi!

            CONFIG_KALLSYMS is probably what you want here, along with
    /proc/kallsyms. You can, also generate the equivalent of insmod -m
    from the output of /proc/modules and the symbol table in the module.

    BTW, I'd generally recommend modprobe over insmod: as you will have
    noticed, the new insmod is designed to be a really low-level tool.

    Hope this helps,
    Rusty.

    -

    • Equivalent of insmod -m on 2.6?
      ... the load map given by 'insmod -m' ... Do you Yahoo!? ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: system-freeze: kprobe and do_gettimeofday
      ... "insmod kgettime.ko" from the console ... double fault, ... Then I removed all my modules I was able to load the module ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • [2.6 patch] scsi/aic7xxx/ : remove two useless variables (fwd)
      ... Subject: [2.6 patch] scsi/aic7xxx/: remove two useless variables ... * Just in case someone uses commas to separate items on the insmod ... we define a dummy buffer here to avoid having insmod ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • (kernel 2.6.9) insmod: -1 Invalid module format
      ... I'm new to Linux module dev, I copied a very simple module from a book ... kernel. ... insmod: error inserting 'mymodule.o': -1 Invalid module format ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: two sym53c8xx.o modules
      ... > full path and insmod one of them manually. ... Xose is right in that ... War is real, war is primarily not about defeat or ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)