Re: Uncorrectable Error on IDE, significant accumulation

From: Konstantin Kletschke (konsti_at_ludenkalle.de)
Date: 10/20/03

    Date:	Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:42:56 +0200
    To: Lionel Bouton <Lionel.Bouton@inet6.fr>

    On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 05:17:16PM +0200, Lionel Bouton wrote:

    > Try offloading some power strain by removing some peripherals (CD-ROM,
    > non-mandatory disk drive) and see if it solves your problem.

    The risk ist too high, may be the PSU has a dry capacitor or
    whatsoever and the next drive breakes in two month with cdrom disabled.
    Because, there is only a CDROM Drive which could be disabled. No other
    components, no fat Graphics...

    > PSUs fail to produce enough juice under load and the system simply
    > becomes unstable.

    Well, the computer is most stable, it freezes sometimes, but I don't
    know if that was at the last lanparty (April) or thtereafter.

    But as said, I am "convinced" and head to the store now.
    The machine is NOT relieable to me anymore...

    Konsti

    --
    2.6.0-test1-mm2
    Konstantin Kletschke <konsti@ludenkalle.de>, <konsti@ku-gbr.de>