Re: 2.6.1-mm4

Valdis.Kletnieks_at_vt.edu
Date: 02/12/04

    To: "Prakash K. Cheemplavam" <PrakashKC@gmx.de>
    Date:	Thu, 12 Feb 2004 03:46:06 -0500

    On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:30:54 +0100, "Prakash K. Cheemplavam" said:

    > Well, I don't know whether my system actually locks up, it is like it
    > seems the log gets flooded (when I wait long enough) but I cannot do
    > anything with the system at that point, ie it seems like frozen.

    I don't think anybody's going to be able to shoot that bug report without more
    info. "seems like frozen" doesn't give us much to go on. Does the machine
    still ping/ssh/etc on the net? Is it totally locked up? Any disk activity
    lights left on/flickering, indicating life? Can you get a serial console or
    kgdb-ethernet or something to see if there's an oops/panic?

    > Furthermore I am using latest 53.36 drivers and I am not the only one
    > having this problem if I look into nvnews forums. As I said this is a
    > problem which came with something changed in the newer kernels. 2.6.1
    > (and 2.6.2-rc1) works OK for me, 2.6.2-rc2 and later not.

    Well, the 53.36 drivers are rock-solid on my Dell laptop with a GeForce4 440Go
    and the 2.6.3-rc1-mm1 kernel. There very well may be bugs in there, but
    they're not ones I can replicate or diagnose...

    -

    • RE: ASUS PR-DLSW: ACPI Bugs
      ... so I filed a bug report and placed all the files you requested on ... >> Best regards ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ... More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • ACPI
      ... This is not entirely a bug report. ... The last few kernels have been ... I can't suspend to anything but mem and that hangs. ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • RE: 2.6.9-rc2-mm2: 3ware card info not in /proc/scsi
      ... with the 2.6.8-mm series of kernels. ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ... More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html ... Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/ ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: 2.6.5-pre* does not boot on my PReP PPC
      ... >| I use netboot to test new kernels. ... >| graphics mode OF environment and that's all. ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ... More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: 2.6.5-pre* does not boot on my PReP PPC
      ... > I use netboot to test new kernels. ... Can you hook up a serial line, enable serial console as well and ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ... More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html ...
      (Linux-Kernel)