Re: psmouse.c: Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 2 bytes away.

aeriksson_at_fastmail.fm
Date: 02/22/04

    To: Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech@suse.cz>
    Date:	Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:23:24 +0100

    Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech@suse.cz> wrote:
    > On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 10:43:48PM +0100, Simon Gate wrote:
    > > Changed from kernel 2.6.1 to 2.6.2 an get this error in dmesg
    > >
    > > psmouse.c: Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 2
    > bytes away.
    > >
    > > My mouse goes crazy for a few secs and then returns to normal for a while.
    > Is this a 2.6.2 problem or is this is something old?
    >
    > It's a 2.6.2 bug and fixed in 2.6.3-rc1.

    Just switched to 2.6.3 and I can report that this misbehavior is still
    there. Not quite as frequent as before (just a feeling). There seems
    to be another failure mode introduced now. At time it just freezes for
    about 1-3 seconds. I.e. The mouse just don't respond to anything. The
    crazy movements are the more common failure mode though.

    Anyone else recognize this? I get the infamous "psmouse.c: Wheel Mouse
    at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 1 bytes away."
    thing still...

    suggestions are welcome...

    /Anders

    -