stock 2.6.7: modprobe ipmi_si hangs

From: Joerg Paysen (paysen_at_rob.uni-luebeck.de)
Date: 07/10/04

    To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
    Date:	Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:20:15 +0200

    hello,

    i have a intel serverboard SE7501WV2 wich supports ipmi 1.5.
    i compiled ipmi_devintf, ipmi_msghandler and ipmi_si as kernel
    modules. modprobing ipmi_msghandler and ipmi_devintf works fine and
    dmesg shows:

    ipmi message handler version v31
    ipmi device interface version v31
    IPMI System Interface driver version v31, KCS version v31, SMIC version
    v31, BT
    version v31

    when i do a 'modprobe ipmi_si' modprobe does not return and ps ax
    shows:

    6380 ? D 0:00 modprobe ipmi_si

    and dmesg shows:

    ipmi_si: Found SMBIOS-specified state machine at I/O address 0xca2

    any help?

    thanks all
    joerg

    -

    • Re: IPMI hangup in 2.6.6-rc3
      ... I was seeing a hang on an hp rx8620 ia64 system as well. ... ipmi device interface version v31 ... IPMI System Interface driver version v31, KCS version v31, SMIC version ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: loading modules automatically: automating modprobes
      ... I know how to load modules using modprobe. ... How do I make this happen automatically on each reboot? ... If IPMI is something you always use, then it is perfectly normal to ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: IPMI hangup in 2.6.6-rc3
      ... ipmi message handler version v31 ... ipmi device interface version v31 ... IPMI System Interface driver version v31, KCS version v31, SMIC version ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: IPMI hangup in 2.6.6-rc3
      ... > When compiling in IPMI my system hangs just after ... > it prints out detection of IPMI. ... > it as a module and inserting it with modprobe causes modprobe ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)