Re: [Patch for review] BSD accounting IO stats

From: Chris Wedgwood (cw_at_f00f.org)
Date: 08/02/04

    Date:	Mon, 2 Aug 2004 13:10:40 -0700
    To: Rik van Riel <riel@redhat.com>

    On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 03:11:27PM -0400, Rik van Riel wrote:

    > It may be easier to do this at write(2) time, making the
    > assumption that most IO done there will eventually hit
    > the filesystem.

    but for lots of loads that's not true, consider the case of temporary
    files which usually never hit the disk before being unlinked

      --cw
    -

    • Re: Nicks scheduler v18
      ... > any filesystem error messages. ... Did that hit ext3 also? ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Ktimer / -rt9 (+custom) monotonic_clock going backwards.
      ... after the machine rebooted into Ingo's -rt13 it hit a NMI watchdog ... NMI watchdog detected lockup on CPU#0 ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: horrible usb keyboard bug with latest tests
      ... > had hit the next key but maybe somebody else can answer: ... start moving the mouse in large, rapid circles ... moving it from side-to-side causes small stops which allow things to ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: ZONE_PADDING wastes 4 bytes of the new cacheline
      ... >> I'd be OK with wapping over to the watermark version, ... same goes for very big highmem systems and ZONE_NORMAL. ... If they are not getting hit then the answer is "none". ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: SATA loosing interrupts
      ... common problem. ... I've hit it on a test system as well, which runs 2.4.9, 2.4.21, without ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)