Re: Kernel bug: Bad page state: related to generic symlink code and mmap

From: Al Viro (viro_at_parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk)
Date: 08/19/05

    Date:	Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:43:06 +0100
    To: Matthew Wilcox <matthew@wil.cx>

    On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 08:41:29PM +0100, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
    > > is getting crowded. Linus, do you have any objections to that or suggestions
    > > on filename here?
    >
    > fs/symlink.c?

    Or fs/lib/symlink.c...
    -

    • Re: Strange directory in home
      ... characters or A SPACE.. ... would find it,and any filename that was 1 character, including a space ... Registered Linux user # 367800 ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Tab-completion for file URLs in Firefox?
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: see what files are touched by a program
      ... Something like "filestouched vi filename" which would then report ... which I start manually, so I don't know it's PID yet, when I do, the ... Thanks to your tip, I looked up the man page for lsof, and I'll try it ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Rogue Filename - Cant Do A Thing With It
      ... I know there's a way to turn that off, but I was going to have to re-attach a keyboard and screen to that computer anyway to run fsck, so I just waited to try it from a direct keyboard instead of remotely. ... What did work was that fsck detected illegal characters in the filename, ... However, when fsck restored the filename, it had most of what I think was the original name, which was a lot longer. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: [opensuse] awk/bash for password generation
      ... that "< filename" I had at the end wasn't ... a typo, that is how it reads the file. ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (SuSE)