- From: Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:49:45 +0200
* Simon Derr <simon.derr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Ingo Molnar wrote:
i've released -rt10
Is anyone working on a port of this patch to the IA64 architecture ?
not that i know of. If someone wants to do that, take a look at the
x86_64 changes (or ppc/mips/i386 changes) to get an idea. These are the
rough steps needed:
- do the raw_spinlock_t/rwlock_t -> __raw_spinlock_t/rwlock_t rename
- change the APIs in asm-ia64/semaphore.h (and arch files) to
- in the arch Kconfig, turn off RWSEM_XCHGADD_ALGORITHM if PREEMPT_RT.
- add the TID_NEED_RESCHED_DELAYED logic to thread_info.h and the entry
- change most/all spinlocks in arch/ia64 to raw_spinlock / RAW_SPINLOCK
- change most/all seqlocks to raw_seqlock / RAW_SEQLOCK
- add smp_send_reschedule_allbutself().
- take a good look at the arch/x86_64/kernel/process.c changes and port
the need_resched_delayed() and __schedule() changes.
that should be at least 95% of what's needed. (the x86_64 port does a
couple of other things too, like latency tracing support, etc., but you
dont need those for the initial ia64 port.)
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
- Prev by Date: Re: 2.6.16-mm2
- Next by Date: Re: [Devel] Re: [RFC] Virtualization steps
- Previous by thread: Re: 2.6.16-rt10
- Next by thread: Re: Are ALL_TASKS_PI on in 2.6.16-rt7?