Re: Status of CONFIG_FORCED_INLINING?
- From: Roland Dreier <rdreier@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 14:28:56 -0700
- every static function in a header file must be __always_inline
Why? Why does it matter whether a function is defined in a .h file or
a .c file? Can't the compiler decide better than we can whether
something should be inlined or not?
Your argument seems to imply that we should never use the inline
keyword at all.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
- Prev by Date: Re: Status of CONFIG_FORCED_INLINING?
- Next by Date: Re: [PATCH] m68k: Enable arbitary speed tty support
- Previous by thread: Re: Status of CONFIG_FORCED_INLINING?
- Next by thread: Re: Status of CONFIG_FORCED_INLINING?