How to enable dev_dbg messaging

How do I turn on dev_dbg messaging in the kernel? I can get
printk(KERN_DEBUG ...) to work just fine, but I don't know how to
enable dev_dbg.

Thanks,
Jay
-

  • Re: [Linux-cluster] New virtual synchrony API for the kernel: was Re: [Openais] New API in openais
    ... > you very correctly point out), I do think we need to review the APIs ... group messaging protocol portion of that uses perhaps 1 MB of ram. ... a virtual syncrhony protocol doesn't absolutely ... have to be in the kernel. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [ANNOUNCE] Minneapolis Cluster Summit, July 29-30
    ... security faults in the protocol can crash the kernel or violate ... cluster services for the kernel and cluster services for applications ... interface specification) utilizes redundant software components using ... failover, checkpointing, eventing, messaging, and distributed locks. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: system IPC
    ... drivers to communicate user mode asynchronously? ... not using messaging in kernel as it is an effective and simple mechanism ... Any reason why cannot use ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [ANNOUNCE] Minneapolis Cluster Summit, July 29-30
    ... >> overload conditions that have caused the kernel to run low on memory ... even for kernel components. ... >> this particular overload problem in userspace. ... group messaging protocol is complete enough to implement a lock service ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [ANNOUNCE] Minneapolis Cluster Summit, July 29-30
    ... But I'm also not a big fan of moving all HA relevant infrastructure into ... messaging (and reliable and globally ordered messaging is somewhat ... subsystem into the kernel too etc... ...
    (Linux-Kernel)