Why is FIBMAP ioctl root only?
- From: Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 19:17:14 +0100
I guess subject says it all - why is FIBMAP ioctl restricted only to
root (CAP_SYS_RAWIO)? Corresponding ioctl for XFS is allowed without any
special capabilities so we are inconsistent here too...
Would anyone mind if the check is removed?
Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>
SuSE CR Labs
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
- Prev by Date: Re: RTL2831U kernel driver
- Next by Date: Re: kernel BUG at fs/inode.c
- Previous by thread: [PATCH -mm 4/2] ptrace_stop: fix racy nonstop_code setting
- Next by thread: Re: Why is FIBMAP ioctl root only?