Re: [bug?] tg3: Failed to load firmware "tigon/tg3_tso.bin"

External firmware is by design an error prone system, even with
versioning. But by being built and linked into the driver, it
is fool proof.

On a technical basis alone, we would never disconnect a crucial
component such as firmware, from the driver. The only thing
charging these transoformations, from day one, is legal concerns.

As I said: We had this argument ten years ago (more than that now
actually). People said the same thing about modules.

Alan