Re: acerhdf.c - unsupported notebook
- From: Borislav Petkov <bp@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 22:42:35 +0200
From: Branislav Gajdos <brianzee@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 10:30:14PM +0200
On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Peter Feuerer <peter@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
acerhdf: unknown (unsupported) BIOS version Acer/Aspire 3810T/V1.04,
please report, aborting!
Which distribution do you use? Does the distribution somehow autoload
acerhdf? Or do you manually load the driver?
I compiled the kernel myself and chose the driver as my notebook was
Acer Aspire, I didn't realize it was meant only for netbooks :-)
I would propose to enhance the bios_tbl by the default temperatures. What do you think?
So that means you would keep there the definitions for Core 2 based
models as well, right?
You still didn't answer my question whether your fan is noisy? IOW, does
it make sense for you to use this driver at all?
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
- Prev by Date: Re: [PATCH 0/2] cfq-iosched: fixing RQ_NOIDLE handling.
- Next by Date: Re: [PATCH 45/50] x86, memblock: Use memblock_debug to control debug message print out
- Previous by thread: Re: acerhdf.c - unsupported notebook
- Next by thread: Re: acerhdf.c - unsupported notebook