[PATCH v4 0/3]mmc: enable TRIM/ERASE caps for SDHCI host
- From: Chuanxiao Dong <chuanxiao.dong@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 14:22:07 +0800
These patches enable TRIM/ERASE capability for SDHCI host controller.
patch001: mmc: set max_discard_sectors value for mmc queue
Rightnow max_discard_sectors value for mmc queue is UINT_MAX which means
block layer can accept unlimited sectors to erase at one time. But this may
delay some other important I/O requests. So set a suitable value for
max_discard_sectors value by using 'pref_erase'
patch0002: mmc: enable TRIM/ERASE capability for SDHCI host.
ERASE command needs R1B response, so before sending command, SDHCI host
driver also need to set timeout control register for such command
patch0003: mmc: fix division by zero when calculate erase timeout
when enable clock gating feature, host clock may be zero when calculate erase
timeout value and this will cause division by zero bug.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
- Prev by Date: Re: [PATCH 0/6 v4] cfq-iosched: Introduce CFQ group hierarchical scheduling and "use_hierarchy" interface
- Next by Date: [PATCH v4 1/3]mmc: set max_discard_sectors value for mmc queue
- Previous by thread: [PATCH] zcache: Fix build error when sysfs is not defined
- Next by thread: [PATCH v4 1/3]mmc: set max_discard_sectors value for mmc queue