Routing clients through firewall / gateway

From: John Nichel (jnichel_at_by-tor.com)
Date: 07/21/03

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:50:00 -0500

    Hi,

       I have a Red Hat 9 box set up as my firewall / Internet gateway. I
    can access the net fine with all the clients behind the firewall, but I
    want to open a port (4662 & 4672) on the firewall so that the clients
    can send and recieve tcp/udp through it. I have this entry in my
    iptables config file....

    -A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 4662 --syn -j ACCEPT
    -A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 4672 -j ACCEPT

    But the clients are not getting through. I can telnet to these ports
    (get a response) so they are open on the outside, but it doesn't seem
    that routing for these ports are being allowed between eth0 and eth1.
    How do I enable this?

    --
    By-Tor.com
    It's all about the Rush