Routing clients through firewall / gateway

From: John Nichel (jnichel_at_by-tor.com)
Date: 07/21/03

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:50:00 -0500

    Hi,

       I have a Red Hat 9 box set up as my firewall / Internet gateway. I
    can access the net fine with all the clients behind the firewall, but I
    want to open a port (4662 & 4672) on the firewall so that the clients
    can send and recieve tcp/udp through it. I have this entry in my
    iptables config file....

    -A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 4662 --syn -j ACCEPT
    -A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 4672 -j ACCEPT

    But the clients are not getting through. I can telnet to these ports
    (get a response) so they are open on the outside, but it doesn't seem
    that routing for these ports are being allowed between eth0 and eth1.
    How do I enable this?

    --
    By-Tor.com
    It's all about the Rush

    • Re: Ports require to open to allow communications between AD 2003
      ... Also I have some info on locking ports to specific ranges for RPC in general ... Select articles and click on Firewall Ports Needed For Replication there is ... We are not looking in VPN cos the ... We were suggesting that you let the clients connect through ...
    • Re: Blocking Instant Messengers
      ... Search google for "msn aim tcp port block" Blocking the necessary ports ... on our domain used by internal clients to access the internet, ... Actually, if you're asking this question, I'm assuming your firewall may not ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Bandwidth Monitoring program
      ... I'm trying to find a way to monitor all bandwidth by clients through ... List of ports used in bandwidth amounts. ... If the firewall device supports netflow, you could use one of the ...
      (freebsd-net)
    • WinFirewall setup throughout network
      ... Can someone tell me if it is possible to configure client windows firewalls ... So I opened all the neccessary ports. ... configure a firewall setup that lists the ports that the clients need to have ...
    • Re: WinFirewall setup throughout network
      ... I don't mean open ports to the outside. ... currently have a external firewall for incoming traffic from the net. ... So all the doors and windows are closed. ... able to configure the windows firewall on the clients from the domain. ...