Re: Help! How to restore glibc on a broken system?

From: Aeryn (
Date: 07/25/03

    To: <>
    Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:05:35 -0400

    Ug, now I am really confused...more like wary of upgrading glibc. Here is
    what my systems has on it.

    Now, I would like to upgrade to the glibc 2.3 version. I have been told to
    use the:

    According to that bugzilla thread, there will be problems...or will there
    not be problems? Do I have the right files? Do I need to update the rpm
    version as well? Lots of confusion..

    I mean, I don't remember it last summer being so difficult to upgrade the
    glibc (ok, I am a little rusty with my has been a while)

    Please, if someone can clarify the situation for me...and apparently quite a
    few other people, that would be great.

    On 7/24/03 4:45 PM, "David Demner" <> wrote:

    > A number of people (including me) had this problem.
    > --- Original reponse thanks to Michael Fratoni ---
    > Did you perhaps 'upgrade' to glibc*.i386.rpm on an i686 system?
    > If so, have a look here for possible fixes:
    > --- Thanks again to Michael Fratoni ---
    > Step #15 has instructions on how to restore an affected system.
    > Good luck,
    > David

    redhat-list mailing list

    • Upgrade to glibc 2.3.4 breaks Linux ifort binaries
      ... I've just upgraded my home and work desktop Linux boxen to glibc ... worked on my Pentium 4 laptop. ... and the recent upgrade of the desktops to ...
    • Re: How to upgrade/add to GLIBC ????
      ... > I have a new redhat 9 system to which I have done an apt-get update ... Are you saying you have used apt-get to upgrade from RH9 to the point ... And why do you think a _current_ glibc 2.3.4 would be in it. ...<< not in ALTLinnux distro ...
    • RE: [SLE] Glibc upgrade question...
      ... It is not a SuSE 9.0 component, it is in SuSE 9.0 I think. ... Seeing as this is a production server I am looking to upgrade, ... Subject: Glibc upgrade question... ... > Jeff Dierking ...
    • Re: Evo crashing on FC2 all of a sudden
      ... > Woke up in the middle of a snow storm without power to my PC. ... Use yum on the development tree and upgrade to 2.02. ... Roll back your updates of glibc and libonobo. ...
    • [CLA-2003:633] Conectiva Security Announcement - glibc
      ... The GNU C Library(glibc) is the standard library used by almost ... It is recommended that all users upgrade their packages. ... Detailed instructions reagarding the use of apt and upgrade examples ...