RE: Rehat 8 - How to Setup FTP Server

From: Real Cucumber (monkcucumber_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 07/25/03

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:07:05 -0700 (PDT)

    Thanks very much I now have FTP, Web, PHP, SSH, and MySQL working - although I'm still trying to figure out where all ther user and permissions are stored... heh

    Would you by any chance know how to make it so that MySQL accepts connections from the GUI Windows client MySQL Control Center (using default port 3306) ??

    It lets me connect via SSH and via the webpages - but I can't get the control center client to connect - yet it does work to an ISP hosted mysql server that I have - just not to my local Redhat machine.

    "Rigler, Steve" <SRigler@MarathonOil.com> wrote:
    Did you make sure that xinetd was turned on: chkconfig --list xinetd
    And to make sure it is running: service xinetd status

    Also, to make sure firewall rules aren't getting in the way do:
    netstat -tln

    If http and ftp are running you'll see them listening on their associated
    ports (0.0.0.0:80 for http, 0.0.0.0:21 for ftp, 0.0.0.0:23 for telnet).
    If they're running and you can't connect then firewall rules would likely
    be getting in the way (to disable, do
    chkconfig iptables off && service iptables stop).

    -Steve