controlling gdm on rh8???

From: Duane Douglas (email.lists_at_verizon.net)
Date: 07/25/03

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 02:03:39 -0400

    hi everyone,

    i want to control gdm on rh8. i currently boot into runlevel 3 (which i
    want) and i can start gdm after i login. i want to bypass the gdm login
    manager after i login from the command line. i also want to bypass the gdm
    login manager entirely, so that i go directly to the command line upon
    logging out. the gdm documentation that i found on the web is rather
    scarce. afaik, there isn't a man page for gdm.

    does anyone have any suggestions on how i can learn to control gdm the way
    i want?

    tia

    Duane Douglas
    Computer Consultant
    mailto:ddouglas@mindspring.com

    • Re: Making GDM use KDE as the desktop
      ... > I got installed is gdm, which I have made gdm the default desktop login ... > manager because it makes it much easier to set up xdmcp than kdm. ... If you use the gdm login screen, you should see a "seesion" link at the ... to use the selected window manager in the future. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: automatic login (NOT gdm)
      ... > command. ... This is easy using gdm but I don't really want to use a window ... > manager at all: is there a way to do it before x is launched? ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: New Kernel Image
      ... is causing problems with gdm. ... the kernel is running, but gdm has crashed at the point where a user ... It is possible to login to this machine, from another desktop, using ... ainit: Memory: Failed to release Semaphore ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: warning dialog box
      ... user, sitting at the GUI console, with a dialog box either before or ... gdm for console login. ... command(?) into the Default and 0: files instead of the gdialog command ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: New Kernel Image
      ... is causing problems with gdm. ... It is possible to login to this machine, from another desktop, using ... Once logged onto the fedora system and issuing the command ... kernel worked fine, until the system was booted with kernel 2.6.15-1. ...
      (Fedora)