Re: Help with shell script

From: Michael Gargiullo (mgargiullo_at_warpdrive.net)
Date: 07/31/03

    Date: 31 Jul 2003 12:10:35 -0400

    Sure post what you have so far.

    --
    Michael Gargiullo <mgargiullo@warpdrive.net>
    Warp Drive Networks

    • Re: program to copy files - problems - unix ksh to java
      ... > copying. ... sounds like the first process, when finished, deletes the file, ... I expected the script to wait for the copy to finish before ... > deleting, but it appears that it is not doing that. ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)
    • Re: ruby tk -- how do you get it working?
      ... temporary location rather than deleting them directly. ... Maybe that's overly paranoid but having a script delete something ... One problem I see with that is: if your original ruby install failed to ...
      (comp.lang.ruby)
    • Re: undo rm -rf *
      ... you may end up not really deleting things you wanted to delete. ... about a simple script something like this? ... restores. ... There is a program "urm" to unremove the file, ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: program to copy files - problems - unix ksh to java
      ... > I've got a shell script that does some file copying and deleting. ... Since I plan on re-writing it with java, ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)
    • Re: Can I copy files (mp3) to flash drive WITHOUT copying invisible files?
      ... deleting all dot files is probably more undesirable in general ... than deleting all files that begin with the letter "p". ... That wasn't the reason for the script. ... with a giant halfwit on a dark deserted street. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.system)