Re: Problem with NIS

From: Ben Hall (bhall-www_at_linuxgruven.ca)
Date: 08/06/03

    To: RHML <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: 06 Aug 2003 16:36:38 -0400

    Do you run RH's firewall? I did and the default iptables seems to
    interfere with our NIS server. (I can't seem to find what port NIS
    normally works on, or I'd have added the rule already.)

    Maybe try disabling iptables and see if NIS starts up okay then...

    Ben

    On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 16:06, Syed Ali wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > On RedHat 8.0, NIS clients do not bind to the NIS server when the system boots.
    > The NIS server is running Solaris 7.
    >
    > I have to log in as root on the RH 8.0 clients and run /etc/init.d/ypbind start in order to get the binding to work.
    > When the system is booting, the "Listening for a NIS server…." fails.
    >
    > My /etc/yp.conf file has:
    >
    > Domain mynisdomain server 1.1.1.1
    >

    > Thank you....
    >

    > Thank you...

    • iptables & nfs
      ... I am having trouble to getting iptables to work with nfs/nis using red ... I am trying to ypbind to a Solaris 2.6 NIS master and mount nfs exports ... is that with iptables already started the machine hangs on boot when it ... /etc/sysconfig/network ie it is not broadcasting for any nis server). ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: NIS yppasswd command and iptables?? RPC: unable to receive
      ... Prg do you ... Say eth0 and eth1 are the adapters would it be possible to ... >> I was wondering how to set up the iptables on an NIS server so the ... >> iptables on I can invoke the yppasswd command and enter the passsword ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: NIS yppasswd command and iptables?? RPC: unable to receive
      ... > I was wondering how to set up the iptables on an NIS server so the ... > iptables on I can invoke the yppasswd command and enter the passsword ... > information but i get a RPC: ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: NIS client couldnt log in
      ... I'm using RH9 to connect to an existing NIS server I had ... problems connecting to the server when RH's firewall (iptables) was ... Try turning that off. ... I can see the newly added user accounts. ...
      (RedHat)