wireless USB adapter drivers

From: Timothy Stone (citylists_at_petmystone.com)
Date: 08/18/03

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:23:08 -0400

    I recently added a Netgear wireless router to my home network (Mac OS
    X). Since routers tend to have a common denominator, getting it to work
        with my Mac OS X/Linux mixed network was a piece of cake.

    The router kit came with a "free" wireless USB adapter (Netgear MA 101).
    Netgear has no information on getting this to work with Linux/Mac OS
    X/Unix. It's a wireless NIC. Just in a USB housing.

    Anybody out there with experience on Linux with wireless NICs in USB
    housings?

    Thanks in advance,
    Tim

    • Re: remote desktop----wake on lan
      ... Under a linksys wireless router, the settings I use are as follows; ... The MAC address of my network card; you can find this by typing' ipconfig ... home network ... Hopefully the WOL interface on your PDA is looking for the same info; ...
    • RE: Wireless LAN for the Home network.
      ... Objet: RE: Wireless LAN for the Home network. ... They told me that the latest wireless systems are based on MAC ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: wireless USB adapter drivers
      ... > I recently added a Netgear wireless router to my home network (Mac OS ...
      (RedHat)
    • workgroup/file sharing
      ... netgear wireless router; NIS on both PCs; one PC is wired ... to router the other one has wireless USB adapter; ... when I set up home network - when I go to my network places I can see only ...
    • Re: Two Netgear WGT624 models will not communicate
      ... dramatically increase the leve of complexity of wireless. ... Security in a WDS network is marginal. ... the WAP54G wireless bridge has a similar problem. ... As I see it, the MAC address in the configuration is ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)