Re: hosting a domain name

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz (rpaiz_at_simpaticus.com)
Date: 09/04/03

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 14:28:42 -0600

    At 15:22 9/4/2003 -0500, you wrote:
    >On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 02:17:42PM -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
    > > At 03:02 9/5/2003 -0500, you wrote:
    > > >anyone point me to a url or explain the precudures in hosting my own
    > > >domain name on my servers? without redirecting from another isp.
    > >
    > > 1. Set up two machines for DNS service [snip]
    > >
    > > 2. Register the domain [snip]
    > >
    > > 3. Done.
    >
    >You probably want to configure sendmail and/or apache as well. For
    >sendmail configs, look at the virtusertable and local-host-names. For
    >apache, refer to the virtualhost directives - docs are at apache.org.

    Well, he/she (don't remember) did say "host my own domain name". <grin>

    There's a lot more work to be done, but that was the first step...

    --
    Rodolfo J. Paiz
    rpaiz@simpaticus.com

    • Re: GUI for Sendmail and Apache
      ... GUI for Sendmail and Apache ... -- redhat-list mailing list unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: users in RedHat 9
      ... >for email and this is possible with Vmailmanager which ... Also possible and quite easy using the virtusertable in Sendmail. ... Rodolfo J. Paiz ... -- redhat-list mailing list unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: How to make Apache (2.2.4) less greedy, or Sendmail less polite?
      ... at other times the CPU load is just slightly above ... being that sendmail rejects connections when the ... Apache can be reconfigured such that it doesn't behave so ... specific amount of the system's resources (e.g. a CPU usage limit of 75%, ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • A night with threads and gdb
      ... I was struggling in the effort to get apache ... searching for users in the ldap database. ... Later on I realized that sendmail wasn't using authentication, ... I guess that when started up without -X, one process dies and the ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: GCC 3.3
      ... > apache, sendmail, ip-filter, openssl and others all OK so far. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)