RE: linux in windows environment for file serving

From: Wade Chandler (wchandler_at_redesetgrow.com)
Date: 09/09/03

    To: <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 15:37:34 -0400

    Of course it can scale down much further than Windows...Try running a
    2000 server without the GUI loaded. Also, check the base kernel memory
    requirements for Windows vs. Linux. You can set your Linux box up to
    load the GUI when you need it by doing a startx as well. That way when
    administering the box you have your GUI and when running it you can
    strip it of the GUI all together...works well.