Re: Fedora

From: Ian Mortimer (ian_at_physics.uq.edu.au)
Date: 09/26/03

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:18:39 +1000

    > > What options are left to the SOHO server user if not Fedora or SUSE?

    > How about Mandrake?

    On a server? Debian or FreeBSD are likely to be more stable.

    --
    Ian

    • Re: Vector Linux
      ... Debian is the favorite desktop flavor, with FreeBSD on the server. ... and my fallback desktop machine when necessary. ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: /var/db/pkgdb (somehow) out of sync with /usr/ports (FreeBSD 7.2)
      ... I don't think that FreeBSD is good as desktop system - you will ... The commonly used server apps for web, mail, dns, etc are generally ... And regarding Ubuntu... ... I am "sitting" on Debian, as a desktop, for years already (Ubuntu derives ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
    • RE: freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 52, Issue 3
      ... To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, ... bypassing a proxy server ... > As some of you may recall, I'm engaged in an ongoing saga trying to set> up a FreeBSD machine on a school's network. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Install Debian testing distribution
      ... One thing to consider regarding your partitions is that you will be ... both Debian and FreeBSD can access NTFS partitions and read ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • From FreeBSD 6 to Debian 4
      ... FreeBSD 6 server soon. ... There are a few things I miss on the Debian box, ... Checking for packages with security vulnerabilities: ...
      (Debian-User)