Re: Fedora

From: Helgi Örn Helgason (gnu4u_at_telia.com)
Date: 09/26/03

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 00:56:48 +0200

    On 2003-09-26, Ian Mortimer wrote:

    > > > What options are left to the SOHO server user if not Fedora or SUSE?
    >
    > > How about Mandrake?
    >
    > On a server? Debian or FreeBSD are likely to be more stable.

    Perhaps, but Mandrake is probably still more common as server OS than
    both of these.

    Cheers,

    --
    There is no TRUTH.  There is no REALITY.  There is no CONSISTENCY.
    There are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS   I'm very probably wrong.

    • Re: Vector Linux
      ... Debian is the favorite desktop flavor, with FreeBSD on the server. ... and my fallback desktop machine when necessary. ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: /var/db/pkgdb (somehow) out of sync with /usr/ports (FreeBSD 7.2)
      ... I don't think that FreeBSD is good as desktop system - you will ... The commonly used server apps for web, mail, dns, etc are generally ... And regarding Ubuntu... ... I am "sitting" on Debian, as a desktop, for years already (Ubuntu derives ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
    • From FreeBSD 6 to Debian 4
      ... FreeBSD 6 server soon. ... There are a few things I miss on the Debian box, ... Checking for packages with security vulnerabilities: ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: How are things with Plusnet?
      ... >> Could your problem be on the other server? ... > No, I have tried several mirror services (mirror.ac.uk, debian, ... > freebsd). ...
      (uk.telecom.broadband)
    • Partitionen
      ... ich bin recht neu mit FreeBSD, habe bis jetzt Debian und Gentoo Erfahrung. ... Ich habe einen neuen Server hier stehen. ... Ich habe FreeBSD amd64 runter geladen und würde dies jetzt gerne installieren. ... Nur mir fehlt im Moment ein Ansatz wie ich sinnvoll die Partitionen anlege. ...
      (de.comp.os.unix.bsd)