RE: malware firewall

From: Thomas Fortner (thomas.fortner_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: 10/01/03

    To: Red Hat Support List <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 06:37:18 -0500

    >Message: 5
    >Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:33:20 -0500 (CDT)
    >Subject: OT: http content scanning proxy
    >From: "Distribution Lists" <dist-lists@e-securenetworks.net>
    >To: redhat-list@redhat.com

    >Does anyone know of a product that acts like a http proxy and will scan
    >the data for malware/virus etc... ?

    >Thanks

    McAfee writes an application called WebShield that does exactly this.
    Best of all, it runs on Red Hat.

    If you want another option, Trend Micro writes one called Interscan that
    run on Solaris. They also write one that runs on Windows, but I assume
    you can see the danger in such a fool hardy expedition as that.

    Tom

    Thomas S. Fortner
    Burleson, Texas
    thomas.fortner@sbcglobal.net
    "but we preach Christ crucified..." 1 Corinthians 1:23

    • Re: New Virus?
      ... > My contact at Trend Micro has identified rnaapp2.exe as being ... > Both Trend and Mcafee will have signatures released in their next updates. ... I ended up using Grisoft AVG, and TrendMicro Sysclean I have both of these ... I saw that they had come from the roaming profiles, ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: McAfee & Trend Micro Crashing
      ... Second response to your question: found, downloaded, and executed the removal ... Al Charbonneau wrote: ... The McAfee subscription was in force. ... Products Removal Tool *before* you installed the Trend Micro application? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: McAfee & Trend Micro Crashing
      ... Always state your full Windows version when posting in a forum or newsgroup. ... Did you uninstall the McAfee application and then run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool *before* you installed the Trend Micro application? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • RE:"unable to use windos update......" 22/6/2004
      ... corrupted so I ran the on site checkers from Symantec, ... Trend Micro and McAfee. ... Trend Micro found DOS.ARGOBOT.GEN which was simply deleted. ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
      ... The McAfee subscription was in force. ... Did you uninstall the McAfee application and then run the McAfee Consumer ... Products Removal Tool *before* you installed the Trend Micro application? ... Al Charbonneau wrote: ...