RE: malware firewall

From: Thomas Fortner (thomas.fortner_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: 10/01/03

    To: Red Hat Support List <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 06:37:18 -0500

    >Message: 5
    >Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:33:20 -0500 (CDT)
    >Subject: OT: http content scanning proxy
    >From: "Distribution Lists" <dist-lists@e-securenetworks.net>
    >To: redhat-list@redhat.com

    >Does anyone know of a product that acts like a http proxy and will scan
    >the data for malware/virus etc... ?

    >Thanks

    McAfee writes an application called WebShield that does exactly this.
    Best of all, it runs on Red Hat.

    If you want another option, Trend Micro writes one called Interscan that
    run on Solaris. They also write one that runs on Windows, but I assume
    you can see the danger in such a fool hardy expedition as that.

    Tom

    Thomas S. Fortner
    Burleson, Texas
    thomas.fortner@sbcglobal.net
    "but we preach Christ crucified..." 1 Corinthians 1:23