Re: RHCE life cycle

From: Bill Anderson (bill_at_noreboots.com)
Date: 10/02/03

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: 02 Oct 2003 08:03:42 -0600

    On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 09:58, Ed Wilts wrote:
    > There have been a few questions surrounding the RHCE life cycle and how
    > it relates to Fedora and RHEL. Here's the response I received from Red
    > Hat:
    >
    > "The RHCE life cycle will be bound to RHEL (making cert currency 5-7
    > yrs). All training will be rolled over to RHEL 3 base this fall."
    >
    > I am not an RHCE so I do not have a formal announcement on this, but
    > this did come from a well-trusted Red Hat person.

    It is on the redhat site. This was announced when RHL9 came out. Thus,
    there was no need to announce it w/Fedora.

    --
    Bill Anderson
    RHCE #807302597505773

    • Re: Fedora and RHCE
      ... Subject: OT: Fedora and RHCE ... RHEL 4 is based on FC2/3 technology. ... Red Hat way on RHEL 4, you will gain valuable knowledge on FC as well. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: RHCE
      ... > I've really gone off any sort of vendor-specific certification. ... I know some folks who are moving to RHEL from older versions of linux ... I have both Solaris and RHCE certs. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Fedora
      ... than to RHL and the exams were going to be based on RHEL starting this ... I'm not an RHCE, but you do have official sources that you can contact ... > now dropping the free version of RedHat in favor of the Fedora Project, ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: RHEL3 -> RHEL4
      ... > transferrable to RHEL 4 without further charge? ... Ed Wilts, RHCE ... Member #1, ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: Difference between RHEL 5.x and RHEL6 (training question)
      ... Aside from the Red Hat ... documentation, you could look at each Fedora release since Fedora Core ... the documentation I can find now is tailored towards RHCE for RHEL6. ...
      (RedHat)