Re: Problems with NFS directory exports off of RH9 systems

From: Ken Rossman (rossman_at_columbia.edu)
Date: 10/20/03

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:44:09 -0400

    On Monday, October 20, 2003, at 10:36 AM, Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:
    > From: "Ken Rossman" <rossman@columbia.edu>
    >> I am working in a mixed environment with Linux, Solaris, MacOSX, and
    >> Windows systems and have been quite frustrated in trying to get
    >> directories exported properly under NFS from the Linux system to
    >> the others. The Linux system appears to export the directories
    >> properly, but I get a long delay and an eventual timeout when I
    >> try to mount Linux-exported dirs from either the Solaris host or
    >> the OSX host...
    >
    > Do you have the nfs ports open on your firewall? My /etc/services file
    > shows that port 2049, both udp and tcp are used for nfs...

    Hmmm, I had thought about the firewall configuration before, but never
    really checked it.

    I just disabled the firewall entirely, and now I get an immediate
    "Permission denied" failure:

       sunhost# mount frankfurt:/export /mnt/frankfurt
       nfs mount: frankfurt:/export: Permission denied

    I am doing the mount above as root, so the "Permission denied" condition
    probably is coming from the server end, not the client end.

    Still a bit baffled.

    • Re: Can extra processing threads help in this case?
      ... along with two linux groups and one unix group. ... of reasoning known as fallacies. ... 450 MB of a 2 GB Linux system that reports that it is using ... My first reaction is "This is characteristic of the working set manager kicking in" In ...
      (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
    • Re: [SLE] Partition Magic vs. Linux partitioner
      ... drive is multiboot it only boots it is a LINUX system only ... and was created as a LINUX system. ... 2.the Windows partition is larger than about 8 GB (more ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: ELF loading
      ... Is there anything like ActiveX on a Linux system, ... a data source and can convert from one data source to another transparently? ...
      (alt.lang.asm)
    • Re: How to cancel printing or to delete a print job that is stuck
      ... printer that is on the linux system? ... Jobs get a reference count associated with them from the spooler and the ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
    • Re: how to produce cross-platform exe file?
      ... In linux system, I can launch the app by this commmand: ... I can launch the app by this command: ... I want to make a exe file, so that by double clicking the exe file, ...
      (Debian-User)