Redhat 9 install going comatose on me

From: Skip Evans (skip_at_ncseweb.org)
Date: 10/21/03

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:33:30 -0700

    Hey all,

    I just replaced my Windows XP OS with Redhat 9, and so far
    it's working pretty darn well. I also have CrossOver Office
    for running the few MS apps I need, and even that seems
    pretty darn good.

    I am only having one problem that is really irking me. When
    I leave the machine alone for, say, 10 minutes. I typically
    come back to instead of the screen saver, a blank screen.
    Keyboard and mouse activity fail to wake it, and I am forced
    to reboot the machine.

    It never locks up on me while I am at the machine, only when
    I leave it alone for 10 minutes or so.

    It is a very generic Pentium machine, and I have also turned
    off any power management stuff I could find in the bios.

    Any ideas?

    I am loving running Redhat because we have FreeBSD servers
    to do various services for our supporters and it works so
    well with them, I'd probably have to be hospitalized if I
    were forced to go back to Windows... *shudder*

    --
    Skip Evans
    Network Project Director
    National Center for Science Education
    420 40th St, Suite 2
    Oakland, CA 94609
    510-601-7203 Ext. 308
    510-601-7204 (fax)
    800-290-6006
    evans@ncseweb.org
    http://www.ncseweb.org
    NCSE now has a one way broadcast news list.
    Please note that this is NOT a discussion
    list. You cannot post messages for members
    to receive. We use this list to broadcast
    news about the creationism/evolution issue
    to interested parties.
    To sign up send:
    subscribe ncse your@email.address.here
    to: majordomo@ncseweb2.org
    To unsubscribe send:
    to: majordomo@ncseweb2.org

    • Redhat Printer sharing problem
      ... I am new comer to Redhat Linux, I have redhat AS 2.1 on my PC. ... (Windows 98), so that I can print from my Linux PC. ... To Unsubscribe Go To ABOVE URL or send a message to: ...
      (RedHat)
    • How to add programs to the red-hat menu
      ... windows. ... the redhat menu. ... unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: Sudoers
      ... Redhat Man wrote: ... > I had already installed the Sudo soft. ... Windows is like that. ... unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe ...
      (RedHat)
    • Trying to get files off of a Linux disk
      ... RedHat Linux box onto a Windows machine. ... I just want to be able to get my files onto a Windows ... So, second newbie question: ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • Re: What is best Linux flavor for office use?
      ... RedHat would be the best... ... The laptops have modems and I will need ... drivers for these. ... in the matter of windows like... ...
      (alt.linux)