PowerD UPS Daemon (Re-post)

From: L. Christopher Luther (CLuther_at_Xybernaut.com)
Date: 10/30/03

    To: "Redhat-List (E-mail)" <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:47:20 -0500

    I don't know if the list ever received my first post (yesterday about this
    time), so I'm posting again in hopes that there is a PowerD guru out there
    in RH Land.

    My new RH 8.0 is connected to a UPS via its serial port. I noticed in
    /etc/inittab that there are references to using the powerd daemon for
    monitoring an UPS. But why doesn't RH 8 come with the powerd daemon or a
    RPM file?

    In addition, I searched the web and found this reference to powerd:

    http://power.sourceforge.net/

    Is this the powerd referred to in /etc/inittab?

    Sincerely,

    L. Christopher Luther
    Technical Consultant
    Xybernaut Solutions, Inc.
    (703) 654-3642
    cluther@xybernaut.com
    http://www.xybernautsolutions.com

    My PGP Public Key:
    http://keyserver.pgp.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x21261B88

    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This communication contains
    information that is confidential and/or legally privileged.
    This information is intended only for the use of the individual
    or entity named on this communication. If you are not the
    intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
    copying, distribution, printing or other use of, or any action
    in reliance on, the contents of this communication is strictly
    prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, please
    immediately notify us by telephone at (703) 631-6925.

    • RE: More along the lines of malware disinfection
      ... drive clean with fdisk), don't forget to: ... Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use ... delivering the message to the intended recipient, ... copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: More along the lines of malware disinfection
      ... just one piece of malware can do to a system. ... Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use ... delivering the message to the intended recipient, ... copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: how to identify 32 vs 64 bit CPU?
      ... irrelevant junk by accident. ... Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use ... delivering the message to the intended recipient, ... copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. ...
      (Fedora)
    • RE: SATA DVD mounting issues
      ... Yes Terry dmesg sees the device when the workstation is booted up, ... Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use ... delivering the message to the intended recipient, ... copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Windows shares on F7
      ... Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use ... delivering the message to the intended recipient, ... copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. ... smbmount - mount an smbfs filesystem ...
      (Fedora)